I had trouble sleeping for years as a child. My journey to wellness still exist. Here are a few tips that you should try in order to rejuvenate and recover though a good nights rest,
1. Listen to sleep music at a low tone. One of my favorite apps on YouTube is Meditative Mind. There are a large variety of tones that can help you find peaceful sleep at night. http://meditativemind.org/
2. Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning to regulate your sleep cycle.
3. Soak in a bath tub with Epsom Salts or Bubble Bath for 20 minutes before bedtime. Make the water as hot as you can possibly tolerate.
4. Do not take naps during the day for more than 1-2 hours.
5. Limit Caffeine to 2-3 cups per day.
6. Book a massage at least once or twice a month to reduce stress.
7. Use an aromatherapy diffuser or humidifier to vaporize the air in your bedroom. (use oils that are relaxing such as Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, or Chamomile)
8. Buy a Himalayan Salt Lamp to neutralize and purify the air in your bedroom. Make sure the lighting is on a low setting at bedtime.
9. Exercise for 20 to 30 minutes a day. Working out reduces stress, burns energy and regulates sleep.
10. Write your thoughts down in a journal or blog. Sometimes, your thoughts may keep you awake at night or wake you up. Writing them down gets them off of your mind and helps you to organize them for another day.
11. Meditate daily for at least 30 minutes to clear your mind.
12. Try to find a Restorative Yoga class. Doing Yoga at least once a week will teach you how to relax and reset your brain. You can try doing yoga an hour before bedtime to unwind.
13. Sip hot Chamomile or Sleepytime tea before bedtime. Chamomile is soothing and calming.
14. Steam your body in the shower for 15 minutes before going to bed. The heat relaxes your muscles and gets rid of tension.
15. Lather your body with Lavender or Chamomile scented lotion or a few drops of Lavender or Chamomile essential oil. The scent will relax you and reduce stress.